Cyber Security Project
NIELIT Extension Centre, Chuchuyimlang is actively involved in providing awareness in safe usage of mobile phones, Internet and Social Media to the rural populations. Since almost every household has a mobile with Internet connection, it has become very vital to provide awareness on the misuse of such “power tools” by scrupulous people.
Below are some of the schools, polytechnics and colleges that the Institute visited as part of its Awareness campaign to educate the rural mass.
1. Mayangnokcha Govt. Higher Secondary School on 26th September 2013. Participants were about 200 students including teachers and staffs.
2. Canaan Christian Higher Secondary School, Mokokchung on 30th September 2013. Participants were about 80.
3. Govt. High School Mokokchung Village on 1st October 2013. Participant – 50.
4. Queen Mary Higher Secondary School, Mokokchung on 1st October 2013. Participants - 200.
5. Govt High School, Dilong, Mokokchung on 4th October 2013. Participants were 120.
6. 2nd NAP Higher Secondary School, Alichen, Mokokchung on 22nd October 2013. Participants – 120.
7. Don Bosco High School, Tuli, Mkg on 5th April 2014. Participants – 140 including students and teachers.
1. ICIT, Mokokchung on 17th September 2013. Participants – 80.
2. Government Polytechnic Atoizu, Zunheboto on 18th September 2013. Participants – 150.
1. Zunheboto Government College, Zunheboto on 24th October 2013. Participants – 80.
2. Fazl Ali College, Mokokchung on 15th March 2014. Principal Chubayangla welcomed the participant and the resource person. 5 students were awarded with the T-Shirt during questioning hours. Mr Daniel Meren, Mr Limtsumong Tikhir, Mr Pappu Sharma, Mr Munindra & Mr Odikumzuk were the officials from NIELIT.
3. Nagaland University, Lumami, Zunheboto on 29th April 2014. Participants: 50 both Lecturers and students.
4. Tuli College, Tuli, Mokokchung on 30th March 2015. Participants – 60.
5. Zion High School, Tzudikong, Mokokchung on 25th March 2015. Participants – 110.
Thus a total number of 1320 candidates were provided awareness on Cyber Security.