PD300 - Advanced Diploma in Electronic Product Design
||Advanced Diploma in Electronic Product Design
|Last Date To Apply
|Mr. Ishant Kumar Bajpai,
Ph: +91-7034797019 / 0495-2287266 Extn: 225
Emergence of India as a global economy has opened up a huge demand for electronic products. National Policy on Electronics and Make in India initiative of Government of India has resulted in setting up of many industries in the Electronics Sector and has led to a huge demand for trained man power in Electronics System Design and Manufacture (ESDM).
To enable new electronics graduates/post graduates or working engineers in electronic industry; specify, design, develop and test electronic products. This course will bridge the major gap in competencies required to design, manufacture and market state-of-the art electronics products.
On successful completion of the Course, the Participants shall
- Be able to specify, Design, Develop and Test electronic Products.
- Get exposure to Industrial Design of Electronic Products
PD 301 : Industrial Design of Electronic Products (2 Weeks)
PD 302 : Electronic Circuit Design (3 Weeks)
PD 303 : Electronic board design and bring up (4 Weeks)
PD 304 : Project Work (3 Weeks)
PD 301: Industrial Design of Electronic Products (2 Weeks)
- Product Development Process: Product Planning, Product requirements and specifications, Concept development, Product Architecture, Project Management
- Industrial Design: Aesthetic, Ergonomic, Manufacturing, Cost, Thermal, EMI/EMC,
- Quality and Testing: DFMA, DFT, Prototyping, Patents & IPR, Product Development Economics, Quality Concepts, QFD, ISO9000, Reliability, DFMEA, Standards, certifications, regulatory compliance testing and Documentation
PD 302: Electronic Circuit Design (3 Weeks)
- Electronics Fundamentals: Material classification based on conductivity, basic Semi-conductor, Diodes, Characteristics of Diodes, Classification of Diodes, Transistors, Classification of Transistors, BJT characteristics, JFET & MOSFET Characteristics, Transistor Amplification Circuits, OP Amp, Basic Characteristics of OP Amp, Feedback circuits, Introductions to Digital circuits.
- Fundamentals of Circuit Design: Basic circuit laws , Current & voltage division Rules, Introduction to Linear and Non-linear elements, Classification of sources, Equivalent Impedance Calculations in series & parallel circuits, Basic Network Theorems, Current, voltage and Power calculations in a circuit, Diode applications, Clipping and Clamping Circuits with Diodes, Rectifier Circuits, Transistors, Selection and analysis of Components, sensing devices and display devices.
- Power Supply design: Introduction to low power design techniques and methodologies. Introduction to various types of power supplies. Estimation of power supply requirements and power loss in electronic products. Selection of appropriate power supplies for the given primary power sources (230VAC/Battery). Design of power scheduler, power management unit of an electronic product.
PD: 303 Electronic Board Design and Bring up (4 Weeks)
- Evolution and Classification of Printed Circuit Boards, Challenges in Morden PCB, Design and Manufacturing, PCB fabrication, methodologies(SSB, DSB and multilayer board), PCB design considerations/ design rules for analog, digital and power applications, Electromagnetic interference in electronic systems and its impact Analysis of electronic circuit from noise emission point of view (both conducted and radiated emission) cross talk and reflection behaviour of the circuit in time domain, Thermal management of electronic devices and systems.
- Semiconductor Packages: Single chip packages or modules. (SCM) Commonly used packages and advanced packages; Materials in packages, Current trends in Packaging, Multichip modules (MCM) - types; System-in package (SIP); Packaging roadmaps; Hybrid circuits.
- Introduction to high speed PCB design, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and Thermal Analysis, Power distribution and noise, Signalling convention, terminations, Multilayer PCB design guide lines, Design of Multilayer PCB stackup, Differential pair routing, Length matching, Generation of different types of reports.
PD 304: Project (3 Weeks)
- Done as a group project where the trainees will be working on a real life problem sourced from industry/ start-ups and developing a complete product; right from identifying customer requirements and translating them into product specifications and realization of the product specifications through electronic, mechanical and industrial design within the cost and time constraints.
General Candidates: Course fee is Rs. 25,000/- + GST at actuals
SC/ST Candidates: Tuition Fees are waived for SC/ST students admitted under SCSP/TSP. However they are required to remit an amount of Rs. 8500/- as Advance caution/security deposit. This amount will be considered as caution/security deposit and will be refunded after successful completion of the course. If the student fails to complete the course successfully this amount along with any other caution/security deposits by the student will be forfeited.
M.E/M.Tech/BE/B.Tech(ECE/EEE/AEI/CSE/IT/Mechatronics/Biomedical and allied branches)
M.Sc (Electronics/CS and allied branches)
Last date for receiving completed application forms : First selection list will be prepared based on the applications received on or before 07.08.2019. The additional selection list will be prepared based on the applications received on or before 13.08.2019, and excluding the applicants, included in the first selection list.
Publication of first selection list in the Website http://calicut.nielit.gov.in/ : 07.08.2019
Last date for taking provisional admission by paying the advance fees (for applicants in the first selection list) : 12.08.2019
Publication of additional selection list in our website (if there are vacant seats) : 13.08.2019
Counseling date : 19.08.2019
Class Commencement date : 19.08.2019
Payment of Balance fee : 19.08.2019
For More Details Contact:
Mr. Ishant Kumar Bajpai, Scientist/Engineer ‘C’
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: +91-7034797019/+91-9958016673